Blisland is known for its welcome and friendly atmosphere where children's wellbeing and happiness is our key priority. We take great care to provide a happy, safe environment where children feel secure to play, have fun, explore, experiment, develop confidence and curiosity, and learn.
We are situated in a small village and many of our children attend from neighbouring towns and villages. We have just under 40 children in school. Our location lends itself wonderfully to outdoor learning, and many of our topics and activities are linked to our proximity to farms, mines and moors.
We have strong links with the community and are always looking for ways to enhance learning and the experiences we offer the children in school.
• Teachers choose an enquiry-based question, based on their intimate knowledge of their class and the children take control of the enquiry through their further questions. This is guided by the curriculum objectives that have to be met by learners.
• The children’s work is presented in class floor books which reflect the journey of learning. The use of floor books encourages pupil’s pride and aspiration to do their very best piece of work. Pupils are encouraged to actively engage with the floor books, which enables them to reflect on their learning, commit this to long term memory and enable the transfer of both skills and knowledge.
• The progression ladders form the basis of our coverage of objectives, these allow teachers to monitor and ensure a broad, rich content. Teachers use the ladders to guide their planning once the children have generated their further questions which will shape the enquiry.
Pupils ongoing progress is recorded alongside these ladders and passed on to the next class teacher at the end of their time in the class. Pupil’s self-assessment through referring to the learning journey adds another dimension to the learning. They are asked the enquiry question before the topic begins and again at the end to show the depth of their understanding.
• Visitors and trips enhance the curriculum and are used to provide first hand experiences which help support real life outcomes.
• Children will feedback on their Learning Journeys to staff, guardians and Governors; ensuring that they are key drivers for improvement.
• Leaders review the curriculum regularly using pupil’s work, progression ladders and pupil conferencing to ensure it remains language rich, diverse and develops the whole child
View the following documents within your web browser or download to read later
We are inspired by the awe and wonder of the world.
We are bold and innovative in our approach to find new solutions to the challenges we face.
We are the best we can be.
We take responsibility for our actions in an environment of mutual respect.
We overcome all barriers to reach our potential, developing a capacity to improve further.
We are passionate about learning.
Blisland Primary is closed. Wadebridge Primary will act as our 'Hub' school. If you have any concerns or your circumstances change (Critical Worker or Vulnerable Child) contact me asap:
© 2020 Bridge Schools trust is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales. Registration number 7736425. It is an exempt charity.