The Role of the Governing Body
Welcome to the Governors’ section of our website which aims to introduce you to the governing body at our school.
The key role of the LGB is to provide a balance of challenge and support to school leaders, understanding the strengths and areas for improvement in the school.
Our responsibilities are to:
1. Deliver the Trust and school strategy and vision, contributing to the creation of the School Development Plan and ensuring this sets priorities to deliver the strategy articulated by the Trust in the Local context
2. Support educational Improvement by ensuring that the plans put in place by Head Teacher and School Improvement specialists are leading to improved outcomes for children. This will include reviewing the impact and effectiveness of the pupil and sports premium spend, as well as reviewing progress against the School Development Plan
3. Monitor how effectively resources are allocated to meet priorities
4. Monitor safeguarding outcomes in the school
5. Review recommendations from the Bridge specialists relating to IT and Health and Safety and highlight any concerns identified with proposed plans
6. Engage with stakeholders – examine, evaluate and feedback to parents and other stakeholders on the overall quality of the children’s experience in the school as well as identify, understand and respond to stakeholder’s views and concerns.
If you would like to find out more about what Governors do, or find out about vacancies, please don't hesitate to contact the Clerk to Governors, Julia Stoneman email@example.com
LGB Monitoring at Blisland Primary Academy:
As the strategic leaders of our school, Governors have a vital role to play in ensuring every child gets the best possible education and are therefore an integral part of the monitoring schedule.
Our roles and responsibilities remain strategically aligned to the skills and knowledge of individual members to ensure that the body has the ability to hold the school to account and promote continual school improvement.
The following monitoring visits have taken place this academic year:
Response to Covid-19/catch up
A copy of Local Governing Body minutes are available from the school office. Please inquire if you would like a copy to read.
Chair of Governors
Responsible for Data
Responsible for Data
Responsible for Safeguarding
Responsible for SEND
View the following documents within your web browser or download to read later
We are inspired by the awe and wonder of the world.
We are bold and innovative in our approach to find new solutions to the challenges we face.
We are the best we can be.
We take responsibility for our actions in an environment of mutual respect.
We overcome all barriers to reach our potential, developing a capacity to improve further.
We are passionate about learning.
© 2021 Bridge Schools trust is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales. Registration number 7736425. It is an exempt charity.